Housekeeper Job in Washington, New Jersey
Private couple seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented housekeeper to assist with general and deep cleaning tasks, home organization, and occasional home-related projects to keep the residence tidy and preserve delicate, high-quality finishes and furnishings. Candidates must be professional with good communication skills and the ability to exercise discretion: contracted position, one regular weekly workday-competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
• Clean bathrooms, bedrooms, living room, dining rooms, kitchen, stairway, and other household areas.
• Dust shelves, blinds, baseboards, ceilings, windowsills, light fixtures, and other surfaces in the home.
• Clean floors and carpets using appropriate supplies and equipment.
• Change and launder bed linens and bath towels, as needed.
• Organize and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies.
• Maintain inventory of household supplies and equipment such as toilet paper, soap, light bulbs, etc.
• Report on minor household repairs and maintenance.
• Other housekeeping tasks as requested
• Punctual, dependable, and trustworthy.
• Very attentive to detail, with a focus on respect for the owner’s personal property.
• Self-sufficient and skilled with time management; ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
• Exercise full discretion and maintain complete confidentiality with respect to owner’s property and personal lives; experience working with clients often at the residence.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English; ability to collaborate with others.
• Communicate via phone and text messages.
• Knowledgeable of cleaning techniques for various fine surfaces using appropriate supplies and equipment.
• Physical stamina; ability to climb and descend stairs, change bedding, and to lift objects up to 30 pounds.
• US citizen with a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a private residence or high-end hotel.
• Ability to provide a minimum of two excellent work-related references.
• Pass a background check and drug test.
• Proof of complete COVID vaccination and booster(s)