Housekeeper Job in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Housekeepers Wanted (fort washington)
A Room Attendant is primarily responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guest rooms while following company standards and safety/security procedures.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Thoroughly clean and restock the required number of guest rooms per 8-hour shift.
• Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
• Remove all trash and dirty linen from guest rooms.
• Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed.
• Prepare housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
• Clean room with the door closed always unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
• Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
• Follow all procedures as outlined by the Housekeeping Manager.
• Other duties as required.
*Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
*Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.