Housekeeper Job in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Seeking a Part-time Housekeeping Assistant to support with light cleanings, laundry & special household projects in the Burns Park area of Ann Arbor. This role is paying approximately $20-25/hour on payroll, supporting a warm family and House Manager that has a genuine interest in you and is deeply grateful for the extra help! This could be the perfect light role for a housekeeper that already has their own business and has an open day, a parent with just enough flexibility to have 1 day a week at work, or even a college student that has a day continually free and some housekeeping experience.
Reporting to the House Manager, the Housekeeping Assistant will work part-time 1 day per week (Monday strongly preferred). There will be an option for additional special projects that could mean an additional day per week. We see this role growing with our household and family if there is an interest on your part too.
Where you’ll work:
- 1 day per week in downtown Ann Arbor area - Burns Park neighborhood
- Potential trips to secondary residence within 30 min of Ann Arbor (all gas and expenses are paid of course for travel here)
The work looks like:
- Household tidy on Monday before Housekeeping does a full clean on Thursday
- Special Projects: outdoor furniture and patios tidy, clean up garage,car cleaning and organizing weekly, figure out where items go and return to correct place (for the most part we are a clean and organized household, but with two littles it’s nice to have helping hands to get everything back to it’s ideal spot)
You will have:
- Extremely high level of attention to detail - maybe you’ve always been told you see things others don’t!
- Insight into housekeeping (know enough to get started and ability to google what products can be used on what types of finishes if you don’t know)
- Ability to adjust based on feedback and seek out opportunities to learn partnering with the House Manager
- Love for families with young children, but ability to remain flexible and move to different spaces in the home as the family also moves through it so that everyone can be most effective with their time - also young ones that get easily distracted by many adults in the space. We will however consider you a part of our team and will want to have you feel seen, known and appreciated.
- Ability to work in a home with two indoor cats (Maddie & Remi- our kitten) and manage the litter cleanliness
- Full Vaccination Status or open to getting immediately vaccinated (we are happy to help you book an appointment or take a day off paid to vaccinate) for Covid19 and the flu. Our entire team and family that is eligible for the Covid19 vaccine has it and we are happy to be able to keep each other healthy.
- Regular paycheck weekly
- Opportunity to be seen and cared about in a service role getting to know a team and family
- Opportunity for growth! We have a housekeeping team that works once a week on Thursdays, that team could need extra support for a 2nd week day of work and we may have other special projects or growth opportunities as we transition residences in the future with more work/space. Our House Manager could also always use someone to help with other special projects that are more event related and you could be a fit for those extra hours too if desired.
Please apply today by sending over your contact information to talk to a human immediately :) No need for a fancy resume unless you have one ready to send → just share what experience you’ve had and we can take the conversation from there!