How much does a housekeeper cost in California?
You’re busy and have a hectic week ahead. Trying to balance work, family, social life and self-care is a lot to handle. Maintaining a clean house on top of that can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Hiring a house cleaner is a great way to free up your time, so you can focus on the things that matter most. And hiring a cleaner, or maid doesn’t have to break the bank.
So how much does a housekeeper cost? From our research, on average they charge $20.00 an hour in California.
Housekeeper rates in California
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of May 30, 2023
Hello, I'm Briana! I am a highly experienced housekeeper located in Oxnard, California. I specialize in providing a range of home cleaning services such as general rooms, kitchen, fridge, bathroom, and dishes. I strive to offer quality cleaning services at an affordable rate of $16.0 HOURLY. If you are looking for a reliable housekeeper to take care of your home, look no further! I provide thorough and detailed cleaning to help make your home sparkling. I guarantee that you will be satisfied with my services. If you are interested in hiring me, please don't hesitate to message me. I look forward to working with you and making your house shine!
Overview: Hi there my name is Karen. And my husband and I are a super cleaning team! We tackle it all, jobs big and small, we offer full service laundry as well, we even fold it and put it away for you! I am a laundry lover, it’s my hobby I LOVE doing laundry and I’m told my superpower is removing ANY stain! We clean homes as well as businesses and happy to provide references! We also have all supplies and do auto detailing ! We tailor each job to each client, if you want us to use a specific product you got it, you want us to use bleach in your bathroom, you got it, tell us if anyone is allergic to a product and we will Make sure it does t enter the home. We pay attention to the small details we both have OCD about cleaning and after ONE job we are sure you’ll diagnose us as OCD Clean freaks as well! Service Abilities: We have all of our own supplies, but if you want a specific product simply request it and we will be sure we have it when we arrive, each client is different and we respect that, we will bring scent warmer refills just request the kind you have, we scrub ovens, inside appliances, sanitize all types of hard floors, kitchen cleaning, bathrooms (with or without bleach), I mix up my own cleaner and clean grout lines like brand new, steam cleaning, we will take your laundry and was/dry/fold it and put it away for you! Moving? Let us help you organize and pack! We clean windows so sparkling you’ll walk right into that glass sliding door! We do not have outdoor equipment, however if you have a lawn mower we will tailor a package to include lawn mowing, I am a weed pulling queen and I also have a bright green thumb, try my hands in your garden and you’ll want to show off your yard this summer ! I am a super organizer and love to give new twists on ways to organize that will make your life more fun and simple! I make all my own twists on cleaning agents and very rarely use bleach and only upon request, I can remove a stain from ANYTHING, yes, anything, shoes, backpacks ,hats, anything that stain-able! We also handle event planning and photography, references avail, I am super excited to meet SoCal and make new friends who start at clients! Let's Connect: Send a message and I'll respond ASAP!
Hello my name is John. I am a Victorville based home cleaner that wants to help your family if I can. Hope to talk to you soon if you are interested.
What impacts cleaning costs?
Many factors can impact the rate of a cleaner. The city you live in and the type of clean you’re looking for all impact your final cost. The most common factors that cleaners use when preparing a quote are:
- The different costs of living in certain areas of the country can impact the cost of hiring a housekeeper.
Types of Cleaning Services
- Different types of cleaning services have different prices depending on the work required. Read below for more information about the different types of cleaning services.
- We all love our furry friends, but they sure do shed! Expect to pay a bit more if you have a furry family member. Especially if you need to have upholstery cleaned.
- The quote you receive can also be impacted by the types of cleaning products that your cleaner uses. Using certain brands or eco-friendly products can impact the final quote. Another factor is if you need your cleaner to provide their products or use the ones you have on hand.
Years of Experience
- A cleaner with many years of experience and a strong brand and reputation may charge higher rates than a cleaner new to the industry.
- Many cleaners will offer a discount for more regular cleaning. The more frequently you work with a cleaner, the lower the cost per clean.
Find a housekeeper near you
Thousands of qualified housekeepers join every day. We've got you covered.
Different types of cleaning services
- Do you normally keep your house in good shape or regularly work with a cleaner? Then you’re in luck! A maintenance clean is usually the cheapest cleaning option and is typically a surface-level clean. Dust beware!
- If you’re planning an upcoming move, then a moving clean is right for you. This type of cleaning is typically done at your new location before you move in. There’s nothing better than moving into a clean home.
- The most thorough option out there is the deep clean. This is normally the most expensive option, but you get everything you pay for and more. This type of cleaning service involves getting into every nook and cranny of your home leaving it spotless from top to bottom.
Different types of payment models
Each housekeeper has their own method for determining their quote. Here are some of the most common ways we’ve found:
- If the cleaner you’re working with charges per hour, expect to see a minimum number of booking hours per session.
Per square foot
- This is one of the most accurate payment models for estimating your final costs. But the downside is that not everyone has their home’s square footage on hand.
- This is the most common method of estimating your costs. But it can also be the most inaccurate depending on the other cleaning tasks involved such as your kitchen, bathrooms, etc. That being said, it’s a great starting point that we recommend for most homeowners.
Keep in mind that many cleaners use these payment models as a starting point for providing you with a price. Always confirm with your housekeeper what the final cost will be!