How much does a housekeeper cost in USA?
You’re busy and have a hectic week ahead. Trying to balance work, family, social life and self-care is a lot to handle. Maintaining a clean house on top of that can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Hiring a house cleaner is a great way to free up your time, so you can focus on the things that matter most. And hiring a cleaner, or maid doesn’t have to break the bank.
So how much does a housekeeper cost? From our research, on average they charge $14.00 an hour in USA.
Housekeeper rates in USA
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of March 26, 2023
Description: Hi there my name is Deandra. I am searching for a home cleaning provider position in Capitol Heights, Maryland. My aim is to apply my experience as employee. Available now. Description of Skills: I can take care of kitchen cleaning, general room cleaning, dishes cleaning. I have personal transportation available. When it comes to my professional experience, I have extensive prior history in the role. Contacting Me: Call and I should reply shortly.
Who I Am: Nice to meet you! My name is Tiana. I am looking for a housecleaner position in Huntsville Al ..... I'm willing to clean your bathroom and kitchen and general areas and take the trash out and make sure every room is very clean in the house hold ... I been cleaning for 4 years at hotel room and Huntsville recovery and ovarian.... I promise if u hire me I will be the best person in the world that work for you .. I can start today or as soon as possible .. email address is ...********** phone number is 256-755-...
Resume Summary: Hey my name is Sarah. I'm searching for a cleaning job opportunity in Rupert, Vermont. I strive to be a passionate, talented individual. I can be available as needed. Services And Training: I am comfortable doing bathroom cleaning, kitchen cleaning, general room cleaning, dishes cleaning, refrigerator cleaning. Further, I have a drivers license. I have extensive experience. Booking An Appointment: Call me through this website and I should reply shortly.
What impacts cleaning costs?
Many factors can impact the rate of a cleaner. The city you live in and the type of clean you’re looking for all impact your final cost. The most common factors that cleaners use when preparing a quote are:
- The different costs of living in certain areas of the country can impact the cost of hiring a housekeeper.
Types of Cleaning Services
- Different types of cleaning services have different prices depending on the work required. Read below for more information about the different types of cleaning services.
- We all love our furry friends, but they sure do shed! Expect to pay a bit more if you have a furry family member. Especially if you need to have upholstery cleaned.
- The quote you receive can also be impacted by the types of cleaning products that your cleaner uses. Using certain brands or eco-friendly products can impact the final quote. Another factor is if you need your cleaner to provide their products or use the ones you have on hand.
Years of Experience
- A cleaner with many years of experience and a strong brand and reputation may charge higher rates than a cleaner new to the industry.
- Many cleaners will offer a discount for more regular cleaning. The more frequently you work with a cleaner, the lower the cost per clean.
Find a housekeeper near you
Thousands of qualified housekeepers join every day. We've got you covered.
Different types of cleaning services
- Do you normally keep your house in good shape or regularly work with a cleaner? Then you’re in luck! A maintenance clean is usually the cheapest cleaning option and is typically a surface-level clean. Dust beware!
- If you’re planning an upcoming move, then a moving clean is right for you. This type of cleaning is typically done at your new location before you move in. There’s nothing better than moving into a clean home.
- The most thorough option out there is the deep clean. This is normally the most expensive option, but you get everything you pay for and more. This type of cleaning service involves getting into every nook and cranny of your home leaving it spotless from top to bottom.
Different types of payment models
Each housekeeper has their own method for determining their quote. Here are some of the most common ways we’ve found:
- If the cleaner you’re working with charges per hour, expect to see a minimum number of booking hours per session.
Per square foot
- This is one of the most accurate payment models for estimating your final costs. But the downside is that not everyone has their home’s square footage on hand.
- This is the most common method of estimating your costs. But it can also be the most inaccurate depending on the other cleaning tasks involved such as your kitchen, bathrooms, etc. That being said, it’s a great starting point that we recommend for most homeowners.
Keep in mind that many cleaners use these payment models as a starting point for providing you with a price. Always confirm with your housekeeper what the final cost will be!