How much does a housekeeper cost in Kingston?
You’re busy and have a hectic week ahead. Trying to balance work, family, social life and self-care is a lot to handle. Maintaining a clean house on top of that can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Hiring a house cleaner is a great way to free up your time, so you can focus on the things that matter most. And hiring a cleaner, or maid doesn’t have to break the bank.
So how much does a housekeeper cost? From our research, on average they charge $20.00 an hour in Kingston.
Housekeeper rates in Kingston
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of March 23, 2023
Hey my name is Shard. I am living in Kingston, enjoy kitchen cleaning and have many years of experience as a house cleaning provider. I look forward to hearing from you!
Hello my name is Meghan and I'm looking for a house keeper position in Kingston Ontario. I already have two clients who are very happy I'm looking to expand my clientele and my business. I take pride within my work always on time and happy to help . You can count on me to keep your space clean and organized for your arrival or the arrival of guests.
Overview: Hey my name is Kelly. I'm seeking a housecleaner work opportunity in Kingston, I am a nurse but enjoy doing housekeeping on the side I currently have 2 full time houses that I clean every Monday but I am looking to pick up 2 more regular customers. Service Abilities: I will take care of room clean up, dishes, and garbage and recycling. I own all necessary supplies. I have cleaned many houses before. Let's Connect: Call and I'll reply within 4 days.
What impacts cleaning costs?
Many factors can impact the rate of a cleaner. The city you live in and the type of clean you’re looking for all impact your final cost. The most common factors that cleaners use when preparing a quote are:
- The different costs of living in certain areas of the country can impact the cost of hiring a housekeeper.
Types of Cleaning Services
- Different types of cleaning services have different prices depending on the work required. Read below for more information about the different types of cleaning services.
- We all love our furry friends, but they sure do shed! Expect to pay a bit more if you have a furry family member. Especially if you need to have upholstery cleaned.
- The quote you receive can also be impacted by the types of cleaning products that your cleaner uses. Using certain brands or eco-friendly products can impact the final quote. Another factor is if you need your cleaner to provide their products or use the ones you have on hand.
Years of Experience
- A cleaner with many years of experience and a strong brand and reputation may charge higher rates than a cleaner new to the industry.
- Many cleaners will offer a discount for more regular cleaning. The more frequently you work with a cleaner, the lower the cost per clean.
Find a housekeeper near you
Thousands of qualified housekeepers join every day. We've got you covered.
Different types of cleaning services
- Do you normally keep your house in good shape or regularly work with a cleaner? Then you’re in luck! A maintenance clean is usually the cheapest cleaning option and is typically a surface-level clean. Dust beware!
- If you’re planning an upcoming move, then a moving clean is right for you. This type of cleaning is typically done at your new location before you move in. There’s nothing better than moving into a clean home.
- The most thorough option out there is the deep clean. This is normally the most expensive option, but you get everything you pay for and more. This type of cleaning service involves getting into every nook and cranny of your home leaving it spotless from top to bottom.
Different types of payment models
Each housekeeper has their own method for determining their quote. Here are some of the most common ways we’ve found:
- If the cleaner you’re working with charges per hour, expect to see a minimum number of booking hours per session.
Per square foot
- This is one of the most accurate payment models for estimating your final costs. But the downside is that not everyone has their home’s square footage on hand.
- This is the most common method of estimating your costs. But it can also be the most inaccurate depending on the other cleaning tasks involved such as your kitchen, bathrooms, etc. That being said, it’s a great starting point that we recommend for most homeowners.
Keep in mind that many cleaners use these payment models as a starting point for providing you with a price. Always confirm with your housekeeper what the final cost will be!