There is no denying that the world changed when the WHO announced that COVID-19 was officially considered a pandemic. Life was put on hold, normal activities stopped, and the phrase “physical distancing” has been engraved in our brains.
It can be stressful bringing someone new in your home. Mix in COVID-19 and anxieties are running high. We are all familiar with the standard interview questions to ask when hiring a housekeeper, but here are some COVID proof questions to ask to ensure the safety of you, and whomever you hire:
- Have you been physical distancing? Always refer to your local government for up to date guidelines.
- Do you have your own personal transportation? Having your housekeeper have their own form of transportation is a bonus, but it is not always necessary.
- Are you taking public transit? If your housekeeper is taking public transit you can provide them with a new set of gloves and a mask, and a set of shoe covers, when they arrive at your home to ensure there is no spread of germs.
- What additional precautions are you taking during COVID to keep you, and your clients safe?
- What is your COVID cleaning practice? It is helpful to know what your potential housekeeper sees as adequate cleaning. This is a great opportunity to see if you are both on the same page.
- Share your cleaning checklist with them and see if they are up for the task.
- Ask them if they are willing to sign a contract to ensure both you and your housekeeper are safe. Some suggested conditions to add are open and constant communication around possible or direct exposure to COVID.
These questions are a great way to ensure you and your housekeeper are a good match for each other. Once you have screened them, consider progressing to the next stage of the hiring process: