36 Housekeeper Interview QuestionsPosted Monday, March 25, 2013 By Kathy Green
Housekeeper.com’s list of the tried and true 36 housekeeper interview questions you’ll need to find the perfect house cleaner for you!
General background of the candidate
- What is your concept of a clean house?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?
- What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
- What are your most significant accomplishments?
- Do you have a current position and why do you want to leave?
- What are your expectations for your next position?
- What are your long-range goals?
- Why did you choose to become a housekeeper?
- What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper?
- What do you enjoy about looking after a home?
- Can you tolerate heights?
- How many years of experience do you have with house cleaning?
- Do you have experience with outdoor cleaning?
- Will you wash windows inside and/or out?
- Can you and would you be willing to use power washing equipment for windows, etc.
- Do you believe in the value of using green products?
- Are you knowledgeable about the treatment of different countertops (marble, granite,etc.)
- Do you supply your own cleaning materials?
- Are there particular cleaning products that you feel are superior and/or cost efficient?
- What do you find the most challenging/interesting part of house cleaning?
- Do you have any pet allergies?
- Are you willing to work in a home with a dog and/or cat?
- Are you willing to work in a home with a smoker?
- Are you willing to work while the owners are home?
- What are your expectations regarding the condition of the house when you arrive?
- clutter on the floor
- dishes in the sink
- Are you willing to do laundry/ironing?
- Will you clean large appliances inside and out?
- Do you know how to make homemade cleaning products?
- Do you consider yourself a physically strong person able to cope with the challenges of heavy cleaning?
- Do you keep records of necessary tasks done daily, weekly, and monthly in each client's house.
- Are you thorough in your cleaning?
- move furniture and objects when vacuuming and dusting
- dust baseboards
- wipe pictures and/or light fixtures
- When would you be available to start a new position?
- What salary are you seeking?
- Can you provide two current references with phone numbers?
- How do you feel about a trial period; how long should this be?
- What hours do you expect to work each week or bi-weekly?
- What are your holiday expectations?
- Would you be willing to sign a contract?
- What would you like to say about yourself and this position to conclude this interview?
Need a Housekeeper or House Cleaning?View Housekeepers & House Cleaners Near You
Post Your Housekeeper or House Cleaning Job
Need a Houskeeper or House Cleaning Job?View Houskeeper & House Cleaning Jobs Near You
Post Your Houskeeper or House Cleaner Profile