36 Housekeeper Interview Questionsby Kathy Green • March 25, 2013
Housekeeper.com’s list of the tried and true 36 housekeeper interview questions you’ll need to find the perfect house cleaner for you!
General background of the candidate
- What is your concept of a clean house?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?
- What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
- What are your most significant accomplishments?
- Do you have a current position and why do you want to leave?
- What are your expectations for your next position?
- What are your long-range goals?
- Why did you choose to become a housekeeper?
- What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper?
- What do you enjoy about looking after a home?
- Can you tolerate heights?
- How many years of experience do you have with house cleaning?
- Do you have experience with outdoor cleaning?
- Will you wash windows inside and/or out?
- Can you and would you be willing to use power washing equipment for windows, etc.
- Do you believe in the value of using green products?
- Are you knowledgeable about the treatment of different countertops (marble, granite,etc.)
- Do you supply your own cleaning materials?
- Are there particular cleaning products that you feel are superior and/or cost efficient?
- What do you find the most challenging/interesting part of house cleaning?
- Do you have any pet allergies?
- Are you willing to work in a home with a dog and/or cat?
- Are you willing to work in a home with a smoker?
- Are you willing to work while the owners are home?
- What are your expectations regarding the condition of the house when you arrive?
- clutter on the floor
- dishes in the sink
- Are you willing to do laundry/ironing?
- Will you clean large appliances inside and out?
- Do you know how to make homemade cleaning products?
- Do you consider yourself a physically strong person able to cope with the challenges of heavy cleaning?
- Do you keep records of necessary tasks done daily, weekly, and monthly in each client's house.
- Are you thorough in your cleaning?
- move furniture and objects when vacuuming and dusting
- dust baseboards
- wipe pictures and/or light fixtures
- When would you be available to start a new position?
- What salary are you seeking?
- Can you provide two current references with phone numbers?
- How do you feel about a trial period; how long should this be?
- What hours do you expect to work each week or bi-weekly?
- What are your holiday expectations?
- Would you be willing to sign a contract?
- What would you like to say about yourself and this position to conclude this interview?
Need a Housekeeper or House Cleaning?View Housekeepers & House Cleaners Near You
Post Your Housekeeper or House Cleaning Job
Need a Houskeeper or House Cleaning Job?View Houskeeper & House Cleaning Jobs Near You
Post Your Houskeeper or House Cleaner Profile